Featured Post

It's an ex-uBeam...

Just shy of its 10th birthday and with between $40 and $48 million of investment (estimated), it appears uBeam (recently Sonic Energy ) has ...

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Sad News

I recently learned that Lee Gomes, the journalist who published the most detailed and accurate report on issues around uBeam, had died. I came to know Lee after I left uBeam and talked with him often, though in the last couple of years clearly less than I should have. Lee was a great tech journalist, determined to get to the truths of what he was looking into, always being sure to get good sources and triple check everything. He was also just a good person, and I had many calls with him covering topics like US and UK politics - he seemed to especially enjoy talking with me about Brexit.

There's a detailed obituary on his life and career here.

Sad to hear this, and a great loss.



No comments:

Post a Comment